Thursday 25 October 2012

Wang Yai






So the whole itinerary of the trip to Thailand kind of confused me but we spent 5 days back and forth between this beautiful little village and Sukhothai, both nearly 7 hours away from Bangkok. This Village was absolutely tiny and when I say tiny I mean one road, with a bunch of houses, a temple, a school and about 5 shops selling food all run by the locals. 

A lot of strange things happened, such as being woken up at 6 in the morning by loud, traditional thai music played through speakers hidden in the trees and being stared at by pretty much anyone, at one point, I walked out of our room into the whole busyness of everyone setting up for the wedding and one little girl shouted "Ooooohhh cow!" which I later found out meant white skin. I honestly think I was the first white person she's ever seen..

No comments:

Post a Comment